Followers

Friday, July 20, 2018

Lexington - My Ninth Elephant Rug

Babies! Babies! Babies!  

All on the way!  
You know what that means!  
Time for more rugs!

Baby Landon (my great-nephew) will be here in just a couple of weeks!  He is scheduled to arrive at the beginning of August.  We don't really think he is going to wait that long to make his appearance, but only time will tell.

Both of these ladies are my nieces and both are pregnant with boys!


When I found out Kayla was doing the nursery theme in elephants, I was beyond excited! (They just make it too easy sometimes! LOL!)  I officially started on Lexington on May 6th.  The shower date was set for June 23rd.  I know, I know, how absolutely crazy that I get started over a month early. (49 days to be exact.)  What was I ever going to do with all this time?  If I just do a little a day, I will be done with time to spare.  Who just laughed at that?  Come on, admit it!  I am pretty sure you all know exactly how this went.

Day 1 - May 6th (Officially Day 1 of 49)
So optimistic, I have a lot of time to get this done!  This is so uncharacteristic of me! (Feeling very confident!)
Just getting started!  May 6th

 Day 2 - May 7th (Officially Day 2 of 49)
Am I really going to keep this up?  I am so good!  A little a day and this will be done in no time!
Progress!  Let's do a little every day!  May 7th

Day 3 - May 12th (Officially Day 7 of 49)
Okay, I might not be able to work every day, but at least every few days.  All is well in the world.  Just keep working! Taking lots of pictures to show detail.  Adding the trunk and hair at the top start to make it feel real! (Still feeling amazing!  I can do this!)





This picture says it all!





 Day 4 - June 9th (Officially Day 35 of 49)
Time for a chat.  Let's stop and talk about everything that brought this project to a halt for almost a month!  First, I was finishing a class and had lots of homework.  Second, I started a new job.  Third, Memorial Day weekend camping trip exhausted a whole chunk of time.  The shower is officially in 2 weeks!  I am starting to lose my optimism.  But, I will get it done! 

Starting the ears!


Day 5 - June 17 (Officially Day 43 of 49)
What the heck!?!  Time is not passing normally.  Days are just flying by!  Learning a new job is exhausting.  I just don't even want to make time to crochet! (Maybe, I won't get this done in time.  How about some picture and a promise to Kayla that it will be done before Landon arrives?  I feel this is acceptable. - I really don't, but it is a thought that went through my mind.) 





Day 6 - June 20th (Officially Day 46 of 49)
I had a renewed ambition to finish.  I really wanted to show my new co-workers my creation!  The shower was 3 days away and I was going on vacation the following week.  I didn't think I would have another shot to show him off!  I completely finished the small details and assembled him late Wednesday night.  The following pictures are taken in my office on Thursday.  This all caused me to be finished 3 whole days early! 

I always love how much better the pictures come out when you have great fluorescent lighting flooding the room.












June 23rd - Shower Day (Officially Day 49)

I think she liked him!  Her expressions were great!  I don't always get to see the recipients reaction, so this was priceless for me.











Until next time...I have a few more babies arriving in the family this year.  I can't wait to show you some more creations! ~RR



2 comments:

  1. Hi friend. Loved this recap. Miss you. Nancy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I miss you, too. (I will be on main campus on Wednesday!)

    ReplyDelete