Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Bright Eyes - My First Retro Owl Rug

After I finished my fourth elephant, I created a Facebook page to showcase some of my work.  My sister commented that she is looking for an owl for a baby shower.  I showed her this pattern from Ira Rott Designs and she loved it.  I had free reign on the color pattern, it just needed to be grey, white and yellow.  I initially intended on more yellow around the ruffles, but was quickly running out of that color.  So I improvised and made the ruffles a solid grey instead.  I mean, who was going to tell me it was wrong!?! LOL!

So here I am introducing you all to Bright Eyes!  She is very far from perfect.  I just didn't have the time, or yarn, to do a test run on her.  So, don't look too closely.  As I was photographing her, I also realized how hard it is to take a decent picture in my house.  There is just not enough light to give the colors any justice.  I tried to lighten it up a bit in the picture settings, but it just messes up other colors.  At some point, I may have to invest in some better lighting.  But for now, you get the idea.  It wasn't as noticeable on the elephants.  They always looked a shade or two darker than they really are, but for a solid color, it wasn't so bad.








My next project will be another elephant. I have received a request from my first paying customer that is not friend or family.  Initially, I was not going to do custom orders for the elephants, but she really wanted one in a lighter grey color.  So, after some discussion and planning, I am going to do it. The yarn had to be ordered, so I won't be able to start on it until it gets here on Thursday. (Who knew I wouldn't be able to find light grey in a store?!?)  It will be my weekend project and I will post pictures as soon as it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment